Fix For Android Device’s Screen Turning On Randomly



I recently stumbled across a solution for a very annoying, and elusive glitch my HTC One was experiencing. Hopefully this helps someone else who might be in a similar situation.

The Problem

My HTC One’s screen would automatically come on for a few seconds, without me touching the device, no incoming alert or message, even in airplane mode, at seemingly random times. After a while I realized it seemed to be happening rather regularly, at 15 minute intervals. So I decided to run a test to figure out what is causing this.

The Test

My phone was in airplane mode during this test, so as not to receive any incoming texts, push alerts, etc. No alarms, no app updates, all connectivity turned off. All apps were killed from the recent apps. Only icons in status bar were time, battery, and the no signal icon.
I started a logcat and let it run for a while, during which time the phone’s screen “randomly” came on for a couple seconds, then went off. I stopped the logcat and went back to review what was happening at the moment the screen came on.

The Result

Turns out the culprit was the app Greenify. It was trying to hibernate an app, which it was set to do every 15 minutes of inactivity. However, Greenify was asking for superuser access, but because of my lock screen, I was not seeing the prompt, which was auto-denying after about 8 seconds. Then the screen would go off, and 15 minutes later Greenify would attempt the same process, again getting denied.
I have SuperSU set to re-prompt after app updates. So I figure there must have been an update or something to the Greenify app, or it could have even just been me goofing around with an odex/deodex script I was tinkering with. Bottom line is that SuperSU was re-prompting for superuser access for Greenify.

The Fix

I went into the SuperSU app, and revoked superuser access for the Greenify app. Then I rebooted, and re-launched Greenify, and when prompted for superuser, I went ahead and granted it.
Since doing that, I have not had my screen come on by itself for an unknown reason since. Now, the only time it comes on is when I turn it on, or when I get a new incoming text message.
Hopefully this can help someone else who is experiencing a similar issue with their screen coming on by itself. If nothing else, get a verbose logcat of the issue, and more than likely you’ll be able to figure out exactly what it causing your problem.
 
 
Android Update 4.4.4 for Nexus Devices 

How To Install Firmware for HTC One (m7) 

amsung Galaxy Note 4 Unboxed In Official Video 

 

 

إرسال تعليق

0 تعليقات